E4D crowns help busy adults get the dental care they need.
If you have ever had a dental crown in the past or have been told you needed one, you may have cringed when you thought of the amount of time it will take to get one. Traditional dental crowns typically require at least two appointments two weeks apart because the lab needs time to design and create the crown. But dental technology has improved in recent years. Now, you can get a crown in a single visit with E4D crowns.
What are E4D Crowns?
A crown is a perfect and often recommended solution for a tooth that is severely damaged, cracked, or decayed, enabling you to restore the function and aesthetics of a problematic tooth. Crowns or onlays (partial crowns) are needed when there is insufficient tooth strength remaining to hold a filling. Unlike fillings, which apply the restorative material directly into your mouth, a crown is typically fabricated away from your mouth in a lab.
E4D is a cutting-edge dental technology that relies on digital scans and laser technology to make a customized crown for your tooth. The scans and images are then fed into a computer to use Computer-Aided Design and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology to create the dental restoration.
The E4D Dentist system takes place chairside, right in your dentist’s office to produce inlays, onlays, full crowns, and veneers. Your newly restored tooth will be metal-free, as it is made from a high-grade ceramic material that is compatible with the natural tissue in your mouth.
6 Reasons You Should Consider E4D Crowns
Does the concept of an E4D dental crown sound intriguing to you? We knew it would. After all, who has all that extra time to dedicate to multiple appointments in addition to all the other responsibilities we need to manage in a day? And if time savings isn’t enough of a benefit, check out these 6 reasons you should consider an E4D same day crown.
- The E4D system completely computerizes the process of taking impressions of your teeth, giving you not only a more comfortable experience but also an extremely accurate fit. The E4D mill can take that virtual image and mill the crown precisely as needed to ensure a natural and comfortable fit.
- Your E4D crown will be crafted from ceramic, which means it will closely match the natural appearance of your other teeth. So, not only will your crown provide restorative support for your tooth, but it will have a cosmetic benefit too, as it will look far better than a traditional metal crown.
- The milling process used in the E4D system is superior and longer-lasting since the entire crown is made from a single block of ceramic rather than the traditional method of layering and pressing.
- We said this before, but it’s such a huge benefit that we felt it deserved further recognition. With an E4D crown, the milling can be done on-site the same day, making for an easy tooth crown procedure.
- With the E4D system, there is no need for a temporary crown to be placed and for you to return to the dentist’s office in a week or two to have that temporary crown replaced with the permanent crown.
- The same digital impressions and on-site milling system are also used for inlays and onlays and veneers, making the system cost-effective for patients.
Visit Cooley-Bentz Dental Associates and see why an E4D crown is right for you.
There are many reasons why you might need a dental crown. Perhaps you need to protect a weak tooth from decay or breakage, or perhaps you need to keep a weakened tooth together if parts of it have cracked. Crowns can also help restore broken teeth and those that are severely worn down. Whatever the reason you need a dental crown, it’s essential to know that repairing these damaged teeth is easier than ever with the E4D dental crown system.
If you think you might need a crown to correct a dental flaw or if you just have questions about dental crowns in East Norriton, Pennsylvania, now is the time to request an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Cooley Bentz. Remember that once you have received your new crown and are enjoying the renewed bite and function of your tooth, it might be easy to slip into old habits of not always being vigilant with your oral health regimen. But don’t forget, you can get a cavity under a dental crown, so be sure to keep up with those dental cleanings and oral examinations every six months to keep your new crown in great shape.
And in the meantime, be sure to check out our testimonials and see why your experience with Cooley-Bentz Dental Associates will be one of the best dental experiences you have ever had.